Since November 1, 2013 – Application Processing Guidelines & Calendar for Student-at-law (Articling) Applications
Calendar and New Timeline
Completed applications received by the administrator are submitted to the members of the Membership & Admissions Committee (MAC) every 2 weeks on Mondays (See Calendar below).
- Submission – Applicants must submit their application within ten (10) working days before the next scheduled MAC’s scheduled review date (every 2 weeks on Mondays – see Calendar below ).
- Receipt – Applicants will receive a confirmation of receipt within three (3) working days which will include a request to provide any outstanding information or materials.
- The Membership and Admission Committee (MAC) will examine an application and provide a recommendation to the Executive Committee within ten (10) working days assuming no further information is required from the applicant.
- The Executive Committee will consider the MAC’s recommendation and provide their decision to approve (or not) the application for admission within ten (10) working days assuming no further information is required from the applicant.
All the necessary information and forms required to apply for admission as a student-at-law are available for download on this page. All files require the Adobe Acrobat reader.
- Infoletter on applying for admission as Student-at-Law which contain general steps and requirements.
- Handbook which provides detailed information.
- Application Forms (APPENDIX A to P as referred to in Handbook) for Student-at-Law which can be directly filled-in.
- Total Fees.