Please review the following Frequently Asked Questions.
To view the answer click on the question that applies to you.
- If the question you have is not answered on this page or you require additional information, please contact us at the Law Society directly at: (867) 979-2330 or TOLL FREE (844) 979- 2330.
The Law Society Services
- Funding - Is the Law Society publicly funded?
- Language Services - What languages does the Law Society provide service in?
- Legal Advice - Does the Law Society offer legal advice?
- Record and Roll Report - Can I access a Member’s Record and Roll Report?
- Referral Service - What is the lawyer referral service?
For the Membership
- Active and Inactive membership - What is the difference?
- Address of Service - What is the address for service in Nunavut?
- Becoming a Member - How do I become a member?
- Deciding on type of Membership - Which membership type is right for me?
- Difference in Type - What is the difference between a Regular Member and a CLA
- LLP - Can I start a Limited Liability Practice in Nunavut?
- Notary Public (Acting as) - Can I act as Notary Public and what are my powers?
- Oath Deadline - I cannot make my one year deadline, what now?
- Oaths, Affidavits, Affirmations and Statutory Declarations – Can I administer such documents and what are my powers?
- Retaining Documentation -How long should I retain my clients documents for?
- Timeline - How long will it take for my membership application to be approved?
For the Public
- Complaints - How do I make a complaint against a lawyer?
- How can a lawyer assist me - Examples
- Lawyer entitled to practice - How do I check if my lawyer is a Member of the Nunavut Bar?
- Language of service - Can I get a lawyer who speaks French?
- When to see a lawyer - Examples