MEMBERSHIP LISTS are updated monthly
- [Click here] to download the active membership list current to May 13,2013.
- [Click here] to download the inactive membership list current to May 13, 2013.
NOTE : If you have any questions concerning a member’s status, please contact the office at 867-979-2330 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
RESTRICTED APPEARANCE CERTIFICATES
Please contact Sandra Stekel at 867-979-2330 or email at email@example.com to confirm valid RACs or for any further questions.
Legal Profession Act of Nunavut is available for download click here.
Rules of the Law Society of Nunavut Amendments to the Rules of the Law Society of Nunavut have been ratified at the May 12th, 2012 Annual General Meeting.Click here to obtain a copy.
Canadian Bar Association Code of Professional Conduct 2009
- The Law Society of Nunavut’s adopted code of professional conduct (with amendments).
- Guidelines for Practicing Ethically with New Information Technologies -Supplemental
Rule on Client Identification and Verification of Identity Requirements
“Lawyers by virtue of their trust accounts are targets for those wishing to launder money. Amendments to By-Law 7.1 on client identification and verification were approved by Convocation on April 24, 2008 and come into effect on December 31, 2008.”
–Law Society of Upper Canada
- [Click here for] Introduction and Background
- [Click here for] Rules of the Law Society of Nunavut s 80: Rule on Client Identification
- [Click here for] Steps to assist lawyers in complying with the new Client Identification and Verification Requirements.
Law Society of Nunavut Volunteer Service Award
The The Honourable Mr. Justice Neil Sharkey Volunteer Service Award was established by the Law Society to recognize a member who demonstrates outstanding dedication, innovation or results in his or her ongoing involvement with the Law Society.
- 2011 – Allan Maclure Click here to read the May 12, 2012 Announcement.
- 2008 – Calvin J. Clark
- 2006 – Neil A. Sharkey, Q.C.
- 2005 – Susan L. Hardy
Nunavut’s legislation and Rules of Court
These materials are available online through the Nunavut Court of Justice website.
- Nunavut Legislation – can be found on the Department of Justice Nunavut website.
- Citing Nunavut Legislation (how to)
- Nunavut Land Claims Agreement (requires Acrobat Adobe Reader)
- Nunavut Bills and Legislation
- Rules of the Court
- Bar Admission Exam Materials - IMPORTANT Notice and Update