Student-at-Law Application for Regular Membership
All the necessary information and forms required for students-at-law applying for regular membership are available for download on this page. All files require the Adobe Acrobat reader.
- Infoletter which provides general information and requirements on applying for regular membership.
- Forms (Appendix from the Student-at-law Handbook) which can be directly filled-in.
- Fee Schedule (including GST). Application fees will vary according to whether you are applying for active or inactive membership and whether or not you will be maintaining client trust accounts in Nunavut.
Calendar and Timelines for Membership Aplications
Completed applications received by the administrator are submitted to the members of the Membership & Admissions Committee (MAC) every 2 weeks on Monday (See Calendar below) .
October 2015 – New Timeline
- Submission - Applicants must submit their application within ten (10) working days before the next scheduled MAC’s scheduled review date (every 2 weeks on Mondays – see Calendar below).
- Receipt - Applicants will receive a confirmation of receipt within three (3) working days which will include a request to provide any outstanding information or materials.
- The Membership and Admission Committee (MAC) will examine an application and provide a recommendation to the Executive Committee within ten (10) working days assuming no further information is required from the applicant.
- The Executive Committee will consider the MAC’s recommendation and provide their decision to approve (or not) the application for admission within ten (10) working days assuming no further information is required from the applicant.